Gian Paolo Manzella
Gian Paolo Manzella held many positions at the Commercial Bank of Italy, the Italian AntiTrust Authority, the Court of Justice, the Ministry of Economy, and the European Investment Bank. He moved to politics covering the role of Regional Councilor for economic development of the Lazio Region, becoming promoter of “Startup, Lazio!”, “Lazio Creativo”, and the “Città della Cultura del Lazio” award. Since 2019, he has been the Undersecretary of the Ministry of Economic Development for the Italian Government.
Day 1 - 09th October
Putting creativity at the heart of European Recovery Fight
The event is aimed to be a meeting between Local, National and European policy makers and stakeholders. They will discuss about the role of Cultural and Creative Industries in the political agendas 2021-2027, the challenges for cultural and creative entrepreneurship, and the support of Recovery Fund to the sector.
The starting point is the question: “Why the creative industry has to be taken seriously?”. We want to encourage the discussion not only on the vision and the role of CCIs, but also on priorities and tools which could really turn culture and creativity into a productive and competitive driver.
The topics to discuss are:
- how to overcome the structural weakness increased by the current emergency
- how to enhance the hybridization of creative, technological, and industrial skills in the “made in Italy” sector
- what is the role of digitalization in the development of the creative and cultural sector
- how to develop the market of cultural and creative products and services
- what is the role of cities and cultural institutions